NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (this is new sales, must have fiber solutions sales, no exceptions.
The National Account Manager (NAM) is considered a strategic sales resource with the responsibility of developing and implementing business plans for direct sales of dark fiber, “lit to dark” services, construction services and services related to large enterprise customers. This is achieved by creating and maintaining strong relationships, supporting specific customer opportunities, leading the offer development processes, identifying individual customer communication requirements and delivering value added solutions. The NAM is responsible for quarterly sales and revenue generation, cash flow via upfront contractual down payments and the individual’s performance will be measured against quarterly and annual quotas as established by management. Account development, customer relations and negotiations of terms and pricing are required skills.
Essential Job Functions
• Account Management: maintain and cultivate client relationships at management and executive levels.
• Develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of products and/or services.
• Incorporate executive summary, Return on Investment (ROI) analysis and solutions designed to develop customer-specific proposals and presentations.
• Leverage industry knowledge, applications, and product knowledge in order to find and close opportunities.
• Build, analyze and manage sales funnel, pipeline, and all activity against quotas
• Travel associated with sales: Trade shows, developmental activities
• Proposal and pricing development, negotiations
• Overall revenue growth, customer satisfaction, and the full scope of Company’s relationship performance within a portfolio of one or more assigned customers; including retentions and acquisition activities.
• Administrative responsibilities related to record keeping, reporting and sales projections
• 8+ years of relevant sales experience
• 5+ years consultative sales experience, business planning and executive positioning
• Successful, direct outside sales experience in wholesale markets
• BA, BS Business/Marketing/Management or equivalent industry experience
• Valid Driver’s License
• Very strong interpersonal, organizational and especially communications skills.
• Understanding of technical specifications of telecommunications networking from both the ISP and OSP perspectives
• Proficient with PCs, Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, mapping software such as DeLorme and MapInfo
• Proposal business writing, including RFI (request for information) and RFP (request for proposal)
• Ability to sell in both short and long term arenas, develop account activity
• Knowledge of basic fiber optic networking technology
• Knowledge of carrier and wholesale telecommunications market and service providers and ability to develop sales relationships therein
• Strong presentation and negotiations skills
• Professional image and demeanor
• History of successful sales goal achievements
• Must be able to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and reach
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Must be able to drive a motor vehicle
• Must have visual acuity
• Must be able to lift 0-25 pounds
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Base $70k-$90k – plus comp
Send resumes to email@example.com.
Burrell Associates Executive Search (www.burrellassociates.com) is a well-respected, professional recruiting firm founded in 1986, has been retained for this company's confidential search. We specialize in placing professional candidates at all levels, executing with the strictest of confidentiality.