CNA - Full Time
- Job Title
- CNA - Full Time
- Requisition ID
- Begin Date
- Snoqualmie, WA 98065
- Other Location
Assist in the delivery of nursing care and nursing related activities to patients as delegated by and under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a licensed practical nurse. May also be responsible for the facilitation of patient care services by performing clerical functions.Accountabilities/Essential Job Functions:
QualificationsEducation/Training: High School graduation or equivalent.Experience: One year acute care hospital experience preferred.License/Certification: Certification by the State as a Certified Nursing Assistant. BLS certification required.Skills:
- Answers patient call signals to determine patient needs.
- Bathes, dresses and/or undresses patients, and provides or assists with personal hygiene such as oral care, shave, or shampoo.
- Prepare patients for meals and assists with feeding patient when help is required.
- Take accurately record patient vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration).
- Assists patients in elimination, such as assist to commode, place bedpan or urinal, assist to bathroom, ostomy assistance.
- Records routine measurements, I&O, and reports unusual findings to nurse.
- Ambulates patient, assists in patient positioning to facilitate good skin care and comfort, assists patient in and out of chairs or wheelchairs safely.
- Changes bed linens as often as necessary, tidies patient rooms and restocks equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Assists physician or nurse with routine treatment, examination or tests.
- Escorts patient to and from other departments and /or for discharge or transfer.
- Perform charting duties per policy.
- Maintains good communication with nursing staff. Reports any unusual circumstances, patient safety concerns or condition changes promptly.
- Assembles patient charts and keeps an adequate supply of charts ready for use.
- Orders supplies and restocks the department and pantryas necessary.
- Answers telephone, takes messages, and gives information accurately to the appropriate person.
- Communicates courteously with visitors, offers assistance to persons on the acute care unity, runs errands for floor personnel.
- Performs clerical duties related to patient care and records/charts.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
Environmental and Job Hazards: Exposed to all patient infectious disease and body fluids. Function in emergencies and incidents.Physical and Mental Demands: Assist with moving and lifting patients involving pushing and pulling. Frequent demand for stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, reaching, heavy lifting over 50 lbs. Able to lift and transfer patients, using good body mechanics. Natural or corrected near-visual acuity is necessary to read patient charts, physician orders and to read dials, and gauges on equipment. Natural or corrected hearing is necessary to communicate effectively with others and to distinguish changes in patient’s heart rate.
- Good public contact skills.
- Ability to work in team setting.
- Ability to work independently and complete assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good ability to learn new tasks and make judgments.
- Ability to work positively with a variety of people.
- Speak, read and write English.
- Required Skills
License/Certification: Certification by the State as a Certified Nursing Assistant. BLS certification required.
- Optional Skills
One year acute care hospital experience preferred.
Share this Page
Snoqualmie Valley Hospital District Company Profile