Technical Account Manager - Mobile Device (Flexible Location)
- Job Title
- Technical Account Manager - Mobile Device (Flexible Location)
- Job ID
As one of the top MVNO carriers and mobile device manufacturers, our client is looking for and experienced and positive technical account manager to add to an already strong team of experts. Our ideal candidate will have previous experience as a project manager in the telecommunications industry with expertise in Android OS. This is a high visibility and dynamic position, requiring deep technical knowledge of device security as well as extensive collaboration with internal and external stakeholders as well as customers.
In addition, this team offers a significant growth opportunity within a technically challenging organization alongside strong work-life balance.
- Act as a liaison between key customers and internal teams regarding customer expectations, requirements, and project issues.
- Manage the schedule of multiple simultaneous projects and meet the milestones to achieve on-time technical approvals and launches.
- Manage submission of test reports due to the customer at key milestones (PTN, 10776, OCTP, SFN, Phase-1 etc).
- Project Management: Supervise day-to-day projects per handset delivery process (high level spec & agreed features).
- Plan and schedule 3rd party validation lab testing (for GSM & CDMA Carrier Certification testing) with coordination between on-site engineers and overseas R&D teams.
- Work with internal teams and customers to resolve technical issues during all phases of the project, including planning, pre-lab, lab entry, lab, launch, and after launch support.
- Manage device testing activities in conjunction with internal lab, field, and app/feature testing teams.
- Defect Management: Manage day-to-day customer and internal defects. Drive defects / feature requests to resolution. Report and discuss device defects in error databases, email correspondence, IM discussions, and in meetings.
- Generate and/or contribute to status reports for management and customer review in support of Project Realization Managers (PRM).
- Previous experience as a Project Manager in the telecommunications industry, including a thorough understanding of the mobile phone/network ecosystem, including features and applications
- Expertise in Android OS and a general knowledge of various other mobile OSs
- Good Knowledge of wireless protocols (GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, CDMA//EvDO, etc...)
- Experience with wireless carriers (TracFone/AT&T/TMobile/Verizon)
- Experience with AT&T/TMobile and/or Verizon 3rd party validation labs
- Technical expertise related to security features is strongly desired
- BS degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
- Experienced using QXDM and other trace tools to capture logs of device behavior
- Minimum 3 years of experience working on teams that debug and identify the root cause of technical issues
- Proficiency in planning tools such as MS Project, Smartsheets, Basecamp or other project management tools
Client is primarily located in Irvine, CA, a short drive from Los Angeles. We are also happy to consider alternate locations including Miami, FL and Seattle, WA. This is a full-time role with strong corporate benefits included. Relocation offered for the right candidate.
Blackmere is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)