Founded in 2004, MicroTech is a leading solutions provider focused on providing Technology Integration, Telecom & Cloud, and Product Solutions to the public sector, as well as established commercial enterprises. We offer great career opportunities all over the country to certified technicians, engineers, accountants, management professionals, and administrative and operations specialists just like you!
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to (HR@microtech.net) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address. Learn more here >>
Innovative and entrepreneurial driven, with an astounding growth rate of over 5,000 percent since its inception, MicroTech is a five-time member of the prestigeous Inc. 500 and the Washington Business Journal Top 50 fastest growing companies.
For the last four years, Hispanic Business Magazine recognized MicroTech among the Top 5 fastest growing Hispanic-Owned businesses in the U.S.
Software Magazine named MicroTech the No. 1 Privately-Owned Systems Integration Services Provider in Virginia. According to industry surveys, MicroTech is among the Top Service-Disabled and Veteran-Owned businesses in the U.S.
MicroTech is headquartered just outside the Nation's Capital in Vienna, VA, with key offices throughout the U.S. MicroTech employees are onsite in 30 states and around the world.
- Job Title
- Solutions Architect
- Job ID
- Tysons Corner, VA 22182
- Other Location
The Solutions Architect is an individual contributor, cross functional role that includes technical solution development, proposal support and customer facing sales in support of Partner IT Products, OEM Product Solutions and MicroTech branded solutions and services to new and existing customers. This role is not assigned to a specific territory, it spans all government, commercial and international opportunities.
This position also maintains positive on-going relationships to meet evolving customer needs. The overall focus areas are in prospecting, developing business, influencing potential RFP's prior to release, developing unsolicited proposals and presentations to customers, and selling Products and Solutions. Cross-functional teams within the business unit and from MicroTech’s Technical, Business Development, and Marketing functions can be utilized and leveraged to attain and exceed sales performance goals. Excellent relationship building, negotiating, writing, solution development and technical architecture skills have proven to be successful in this role.
Essential responsibilities are to work directly with customers to capture sales opportunities, work effectively across functions with other MicroTech employees to support proposal responses and work with the CTO and partners to develop repeatable solutions for multiple market verticals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Contribute to the development and sustainment of MicroTech’s Solutions Portfolio.
• Lead the definition and execution of strategies to support strategic alignment with market trends, partner technology roadmaps and MicroTech solutions portfolio.
• Hands-on capabilities to develop customer demos and technical documentation in data center and cloud technologies.
• Provide technical direction and writing in response to proposal opportunities.
• Schedule and attend solution and strategy appointments with customers.
• Utilize a consultative approach, discuss business issues with customer and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal, or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
• Align resources within and across MicroTech Business Units with marketing, sales, systems engineering, and professional services to drive sales against agreed upon targets and goals.
• Establish relationships throughout the sales counterparts of key vendor partner organizations to achieve overall sales goals and strategies.
• Enable MicroTech to be the preferred partner within customer accounts.
• Build awareness with customers and key vendor partners of MicroTech through communication of the strategic benefits of the partnership.
• Ensure growth and customer satisfaction.
• Directly work with vendor partners counterparts on a daily basis.
• Understand Channel Programs of vendor partners to maximize sales opportunities and profit margins.
• Work with MicroTech and assigned vendor partner personnel to drive partner activities such as marketing events, joint sales engagements, and executive meetings and reviews.
• Update MicroTech management personnel on plan progress, challenge areas and expected successes.
• Build business cases to justify investments and resources to address revenue upside.
• Participate in technical certification training opportunities for key vendor partners.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
• 5-7 years of experience in IT solution development, engineering or architecture
• 3-5 years of successful sales experience is required.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Previous direct interaction and relationships with OEM partners at sales, channel team, and senior levels.
• Proven track record of building revenue and increasing profit margins.
• Proven track record of successful relationship building with accounts.
• Ability to work collaboratively with employees within department and across functions.
• Aptitude for understanding how IT solutions solve business problems.
• Ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis as needed to help customer make buying decisions.
• Strong understanding of Federal sales strategies, Channel programs, products, and services.
• Strong understanding of how to use GWACs, IDIQs and small business status to your advantage
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Must be detail-oriented and have ability to manage priorities and deadlines.
• High energy with the capability to multi-task in a dynamic, rapidly-growing organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Incumbents within this position may be required to assist or find appropriate assistance to make accommodations for disabled individuals in order to ensure access to the organization's services (may include: visitors, patients, employees, or others).
MicroTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.