(1) Business Requirements
Conduct analysis of business and user needs in order to develop requirements documentation
for the implementation or revision of systems and applications projects for specified business units. Utilize expertise in Health Care, Business intelligence, Data Analytics, and Data Warehousing, and understanding of the organization’ssystems and capabilities to ensure the most efficient use of resources.
This business analyst is a key person involved in the complete cycle of development of a BI application, and DW project, as well as client implementations. Since business users are not always available when needed, the business analyst is often the project team member that fills this void, providing the business perspective needed for project success. The business analyst will meet with a broad range of internal users and will capture their application and data warehousing requirements, as well as play a key part in the testing of those requirements.
This role must have a thorough understanding of DW aspects, health care Payers client business processes, and BI application development processes including testing procedures.
The business analyst will have an IT background and be very knowledgeable about health care Payer business, its processes and the operational data and functions that support the business, and knows how the major pieces of data warehouseing and business intelligence applications fit together.
- Implentation (soup to nuts)
- Data Origination
- Health Care Payer Data
- Understand the business users’ requirements for information, features, and functions and
communicate them to the rest of the application development and data warehouse team;
- Lead and conduct interviewing tasks;
- Lead interview documentation;
- Lead preparation of data warehouse requirements documents;
- Lead preparation of application requirements documents;
- Assist data analyst in mapping tasks;
- Lead the identification and documentation of business metrics ;
- Oversee testing of application releases;
- Act as consultant to the ETL and front end programmers.
- Once business needs are defined for the data warehouse projects, the business analyst will be involved in designing and validating the logical data model that provides a different representation of these requirements.
- The BA will also play a role in data model design and prototyping and is involved in
developing/validating source target mappings and transformation logic required to support information
- The business analyst may also assist in identifying data quality problems and in determining options for how they will be handled.
- The BA will also play a role in testing and validation and in delivering user training.
- The business analyst may be charged with developing and managing project documentation