The Lysol Sales Specialist position is responsible for optimizing Reckitt Benckiser’s (Lysol) business by fostering & developing End-user / Commercial facility demand generation and product usage by calling on assigned end-user channel customers and by guiding and motivating distributor sales representatives to achieve company goals in the industrial/institutional Janitorial Sanitation market. Focus market channels include independent & multi-facility Long Term Care, Hospitality (Hotel/Motel) properties and Industrial Facilities. Sales of Reckitt Benckiser (Lysol) products to secondary focus market segments such as Food Service Accounts, Hospitals, Schools, Theme Parks, Gov’t facilities etc…will be based on opportunity and only as assigned or agreed by the assigned RB Region manager.
· Territory Volume Expectation is $500,000 in distributor sales to targeted end-users per year.
· Establish Partnerships and trusting relationships with distributors and end-user customers.
· Develop and guide distributor sales representatives in implementing Reckitt programs.
· Conduct Sales meetings and Training sessions with assigned distributors to assist in promoting Reckitt products and program sales.
· Accompany and work with Distributor Sales Representative on field sales calls as required.
· Conduct hands-on training programs to teach proper use of cleaning and disinfectant products with end-users.
· Understand and promote use of chemical dispensing systems.
· Ensure cost effective use of Reckitt resources, such as travel, and trade spend.
· Generate sales opportunities through interaction with RB’s Customer Care team, Broker agency and Wholesale Distributor Reps to identify commercial distributor and end-user facility needs.
· Adapt knowledge of customer strategies to RB (Lysol) strategy to optimize sales potential.
· Develop and execute effective account-specific sales and marketing programs.
· Perform well both independently and in an integrated team environment.
· Develop strong leadership skills for effective account management.
· Independently and proactively problem solve.
· Timely completion of administrative duties.
· College degree preferred
· 1-2 years of institutional sales or business experience preferred
· Possess good verbal and written communication skills
· Knowledge of Business to Business Sales function and fact based presentations extremely valuable
· Ability to utilize Microsoft computer office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point
· Able to tactically implement sales direction from RB Region manager and Broker partner
· Must function well both independently and in a shared sales call environment
· Must be Self motivated
· Strong desire to win
· Anticipate 80% local travel by personal auto. Office from your personal residential “home office”.
· Monthly or bi-weekly pay rate in Gross dollars paid by assigned broker agency.
· Candidate is responsible for all normal business and personal expenses.