Test Engineer - Long Term Contract
- Job Title
- Test Engineer - Long Term Contract
- Job ID
- Van Buren Township, MI 48188
- Other Location
Title: Test Engineer
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Title: Test Engineer
- LabVIEW Experience/Instrumentation Background
- NVH Testing
- Environmental Testing
- Corrosion Testing
- Review and analyze assigned test requests to determine if the laboratory has the capability to perform the test.
- Confer with requesting activity to establish a common interpretation of test specifications and establish clear test objectives.
- Designate test facilities, methods, procedures, timing and equipment.
- Provide test quotes as requested.
- Upload POs when needed.
- Coordinate/direct the building of fixtures (if required) for use in testing.
- Direct the fabrication of special instrumentation or adapt existing testing facilities to accommodate new requirements.
- Issue or modify work instructions as needed.
- Conduct / monitor tests and equipment.
- Work with technicians to resolve any issues and ensure test fidelity.
- Analyze test results.
- Document all scope changes within the TR (from sample size/ set points changes/ etc)
- Issue test results to the customer in the requested format.
- Use VLIMS to document the test process (equipment, DM, personnel, timing, cost, results, etc.).
- May direct the activities of other engineers or technical personnel assigned to assist.
- Address test equipment issues (conduct root cause and corrective action analysis)
- Use TETM data base to document test/equipment issues as well as Test/ equipment improvements.
- Ensure operations comply with corporate safety standards.
- Provide and maintain a clean, safe work environment for all employees.
- Manage activities so that hazards are assessed and risks eliminated wherever possible.
- Require employees use appropriate protection and prevention measures.
- Ensure all testing is conducted in compliance with applicable quality standards.
- A2LA accredited testing to be performed in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025.
- All testing to be performed in accordance with ISO/TS 16949.
- Ensure that equipment and instrumentation have the necessary quality & calibration checks.
- Ensure proper use of critical consumables
- Support the development of the R&E Test Services quality system.
- Support or direct proficiency testing.
- Maintain any/all records required to demonstrate compliance with the quality system.
- Responsibility and the authority for the management of Non-Conforming testing including halting testing and/or withholding test reports, as necessary.
- Assist with development of non-standard tests.
- Recommend and implement new methods and/or capital investments to improve the efficiency or quality of the lab operations.
- Define hardware and software requirements for new equipment.
- Participate in the development of testing programs.
- Write specifications and projects for new equipment.