Principal Security Leader - Mobile Devices
- Job Title
- Principal Security Leader - Mobile Devices
- Job ID
Our client believes in the importance of a strong security culture and knows that protecting their competitive edge requires a groundbreaking approach and the resources to execute innovative techniques. This is a high visibility and dynamic position, requiring deep technical knowledge of device security as well as extensive collaboration with internal and external stakeholders as well as customers.
This is a significant growth opportunity within a technically challenging organization which also allows for work-life balance.
- Provide device security related subject matter expert (SME) support to internal (PRM/TAM, R&D, Validation, etc.) and external (carriers, chipset vendors, etc.) parties
- Work closely with US wireless carriers to understand their processes & specifications, and drive implementation on Alcatel products. This will involve a thorough understanding of, and the ability to complete, wireless carrier technical documentation supporting product launches.
- Work closely with major chipset (Qualcomm, Mediatek, etc.) and OS (Android, Microsoft, etc.) manufacturers to understand their security architecture and refine it for Alcatel products.
- Report on strengths and vulnerabilities of security feature, including providing alternate designs.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the mobile phone/network ecosystem, including concepts such as TEE, TrustZone, Knox/Trustsonic, DRM, secure boot, secure memory/storage management and mobile device hacking
- Work closely with validation and test teams to ensure test plans are in accordance with company and wireless carrier security requirements.
- Align with Technical Acceptance Managers (TAMs) to understand and drive resolution to carrier reported security questions and defects.
- Participate as the mobile device security technical expert in company projects and initiatives as the voice of the customer as well as an independent security expert.
- Maintain expert knowledge in the field of mobile security & hacking and the related issues, systems, processes, products, and services via extensive research and collaboration
- Generate weekly status reports for management and customer review in support of PRMs and TAMs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Hands on experience with technical requirements gathering, verification/validation planning, compliance assessment and reporting.
- Hands on experience with embedded software development.
- Must have utilized excellent embedded systems architecture understanding to perform a detailed analysis of software and hardware features in order to secure mobile and/or embedded devices.
- Experience with carriers (TracFone/AT&T/Verizon/Others)
- Working with multiple stake holders and cross-functional teams in order to conduct security reviews, technical presentations and workshops.
- Working with test plans to ensure they are in compliance with requirements.
- Expertise in Android OS and a general knowledge of various other mobile OS
- Outstanding English written and verbal communication skills. Mandarin skills are a significant plus.
Client is primarily located in Irvine, CA, a short drive from Los Angeles. We are also happy to consider alternate locations including Miami, FL and Seattle, WA. This is a full-time role with strong corporate benefits included. Relocation offered for the right candidate.
Blackmere is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)