Xenia Systems is currently hiring for a variety of opportunities. Please see our open positions below and apply for those opportunities that are interest. If you do not see a position matching your skill sets, please feel free to send your resume to Jobs@XeniaSystems.com
Instructional Systems Design Consultant
- Job Title
- Instructional Systems Design Consultant
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20472
- Other Location
At Xenia Systems, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company’s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for Xenia Systems and for the people who work here.
Xenia Systems currently seeks an Instructional Designer to support our Federal Government client in Washington, DC. Must be able to pass a US Government sponsored background check.
The Instructional Designer (ISD) is responsible for the Design and Production of targeted, highly polished, state of the art training courses with all supporting documentation to include, but not limited to; step by step comprehensive curriculum using multi-instructional strategies, clear and precise lesson plans, instructor assessments, student activities, case studies, articles, evaluations, (Kirkpatrick and Bersin) and any other relevant training documentation. In addition, assist agency staff in designing short and long-range program planning efforts in employee development and training areas to include in-depth analysis to determine gaps in performance and skills.
- Design and develop complex, interactive Web-based projects (including assessments) for agency client in a creative, team-oriented environment.
- Collaborate to develop project goals, training objectives and measurements by analyzing needs and proposing multiple solutions.
- Design and develop training that is Section 508 compliant; perform Section 508 compliance analysis and testing.
- Implement training that is compatible with Learning Management Systems (i.e. SCORM conformant).
- Network and partner with internal and external stakeholders to provide strategic instructional direction.
- Design the user's navigation path(s) within the training experience.
- Partner with Agency web and courseware SME’s to develop program elements and requirements.
- Collaborate and define the creative treatment and content scope of the project.
- Draft a complete design document to include: Audience and learning environment analysis, Instructional goals and strategy, Content outline, User navigation, Screen/page template designs, Storyboard/script development with text, voice, sound, and graphics descriptions and instructions to production team, Prototype development, evaluation methodologies
- Use rapid development content tools (Captivate, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, etc.) to create online courseware.
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Create print deliverables.
- Perform quality checks, testing, and reviews on modules.
Knowledge, Technical Skills, and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree in information design, instructional development or related fields.
- Experience using the ADDIE model to create blended, activity-based, learner-centric solutions within the delivery methods of:
- Web-Based Training (WBT)
- Self-directed Training and Job aids
- Instructional design background including strong knowledge of adult learning theory, learning styles, learner needs, delivery of Web-based content and diverse, multicultural backgrounds.
- Experience with Learning Management System preferred.
- Ability to incorporate the most effective, leading-edge instructional approaches.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence stakeholders.
- Conceptual and strategic thinker, team player, excellent communication skills with clients and coworkers.
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Experience supporting federal clients preferred.
- Exceptional technical writing skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously under aggressive deadlines (project management and time management skills).