- Job Title
- Server Engineer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 150+ individual’s nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess is looking for an experienced Server Engineer for our client in Farmington Hills, MI. This position is a key member of the Engagement Technology team and is responsible for the maintenance, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting of the data center solutions.
Long term responsibilities will include supporting, managing the overall data center infrastructure equipment in a multi-site data center environment. The environment is primarily Windows Active Directory and includes direct attached storage components, fiber channel storage networking, clustered servers, replication, servers and policy design.
Position Duties & Scope
Duties/functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs daily systems management and tuning, including maintenance and trend analysis of the data center infrastructure.
- Provides day-to-day technical, administrative, and functional support for the various infrastructure systems.
- Acts as a point of contact in working with the ETS business and applications teams to analyze and resolve reported technical issues and/or performance issues with the various data center hardware and software platforms.
- Ensures stable support of enterprise servers, disk based storage appliances, tape libraries, as well as VMware ESXi environments.
- Creates documentation and guides tier 1 resources for the day-to-day monitoring of servers and other relevant devices.
- Participates in the creation (or modification) of documentation activities related to system configuration, policies, and procedures, including the overall structure and standards for documentation.
- Acquires knowledge, via both formal and on-the-job training of the various 3rd party packaged software applications and custom solutions used to provide systems monitoring, management, and reporting within the ETS service offering.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Solid knowledge of general enterprise IT principles and practices, including experience with both hardware and software architectures.
- Proven experience in supporting Microsoft server Cluster configurations.
- Experience with VMware ESXi and related technologies.
- Experience with EMC VNX arrays, EMC DataDomain, and fiber channel networking a plus.
- Knowledge of HP server, storage, and tape hardware.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly research new platforms and issues.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Experience in large, production-oriented service operations, with experience in a 24x7x365 service delivery model supporting mission-critical business operations with large data volumes.
- 2 to 5 years of experience with Microsoft XP/Windows7, Windows Server OS; MCSE Certification a plus.
- 2 to 5 years of experience with supporting a multi-site Windows Active Directory Environment.
- BA or BA in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Must have the ability to work full time.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Must be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day.