- Job Title
- Server Engineer
- Job ID
- Southfield, MI
- Other Location
Conexess is looking for an experienced Server Engineer for our client in Southfield, MI. In this critical role you will support the Engagement Technology Services business unit via the ETS Infrastructure team. This position is a key member of the ETS team and is responsible for the maintenance, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting of the ETS data center solutions. This position will take part in the design and implementation of new and existing technologies to support the increasing demands. Long term responsibilities will include supporting, managing and implementing the overall data center infrastructure equipment in a multi-site data center environment. The environment is primarily Windows Active Directory and includes direct attached storage components, fiber channel storage networking, clustered servers, replication, servers and policy design
- Performs daily systems management and tuning, including maintenance and trend analysis of the data center infrastructure.
- Provides day-to-day technical, administrative, and functional support for the various infrastructure systems.
- Participates in the configuration and setup of technology resources for new ETS engagements.
- Acts as a point of contact in working with the ETS business and applications teams to analyze and resolve reported technical issues and/or performance issues with the various data center hardware and software platforms.
- Ensures stable implementation and support of enterprise servers, disk based storage appliances, tape libraries, as well as VMware ESXi environments.
- Participates in the analysis of new software applications, application architecture, and configurations, and participates as a key member of the team in reconfiguring systems, databases, and applications for optimal scope and performance.
- Participate in the creation (or modification) of documentation activities related to system configuration, policies, and procedures, including the overall structure and standards for documentation.
- Supports and implements a new Enterprise backup solution.
- Acquires knowledge, via both formal and on-the-job training of the various 3rd party packaged software applications and custom solutions used to provide systems monitoring, management, and reporting within the ETS service offering.
- Performs related duties as required.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Solid knowledge of general enterprise IT principles and practices, including experience with both hardware and software architectures.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience with Microsoft XP/Windows7, Windows Server OS.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience supporting a multi-site Windows Active Directory Environment.
- Experience in a 24x7x365 service delivery model supporting mission-critical business operations.
- Experience with VMware ESXi and related technologies.
- Experience with EMC Clariion arrays, EMC DataDomain, and fiber channel networking a plus.
- Knowledge of HP server, storage, and tape hardware.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to quickly research new platforms and issues.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Must be able to work full time in an office environment.
Must be physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the work day.