The Technical Support Specialist provides technical support, advice, and assistance to end users with hardware, software systems, and other technical needs. Communicates complex problems in ways that are easy to understand. Self motivated, organized, and analytical, the Technical Support Specialist must be able to manage all incoming calls, solve tickets and or identify necessity of escalation to another technician. Advanced problem solving skills are a necessity. Must be able to apply learned knowledge in a rapidly changing environment. We are 7seeking multiple Technical support representatives to begin training on Monday, February 11th.
The technical support help desk representative performs a variety of tasks to support customers (either internally, externally, or both) including, but not limited to:
• Answering in-bound phone calls and/or electronic/internet-based inquires in a professional and helpful manner.
• Supporting all MS Windows as well as hardware, software, and/or customer-based products.
• Handling all diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, debugging, and complex software installations.
• Delivering professional and top quality customer service to all customers while performing within departmental call duration targets.
• Providing technical support to internal and external clients
• Communicating issues clearly and effectively to others.
• Documenting all interactions consistently and thoroughly.
• Educational experience such as having taken IT or computer science courses or earned an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or certification.
• Previous experience (ideally 1-2 years) providing customer service in a call center environment or providing help desk technical support.
• Knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office products, and any other software programs/systems.
• Ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot software, hardware, and TCP/IP.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to sit, wear a telephone headset, type, and work with digital displays for extended periods of time (8+ hours per day).